For the record this is the ugliest meal I think I have ever made. No one will be jumping for joy when they see it but they will be asking for seconds and repeats. This recipe is excellent.
I never thought I would like it I only tried it for the first time thinking my husband would like it. It’s become a family favorite. It’s simple and delicious and can be inexpensive. I tend to buy a bag of coleslaw mix instead of cutting the cabbage up myself merely to save time, but a nice head of cabbage works just as well.
- 1 lbs. ground beef
- 1 onions diced
- 4 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1-1/2 cup water
- ½ cup uncooked white rice
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Chop onion and mince garlic and set aside
- To a large skillet brown beef and drain the grease.
- Next add in onion, and garlic together cook until the onion is tender.
- Mix in tomato soup, salt, pepper, water and rice.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 min mix in cabbage
- To a greased baking dish add in mixture and bake covered at
- Cover and bake for 1 hour.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com