I got this recipe out of the Taste of Home magazine. I LOVE their mag!! This would make a nice gift or something to bring to a holiday party! You don’t have to heat up the house, it’s delicious, and it’s inexpensive. I don’t think you can ask for more than that!
OK so you probably can ask for more than that… like more of this amazing recipe! You can’t possible eat too much. OK So maybe you can?
- 10 cups popped popcorn (I microwave it in a brown paper bag)
- 1 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup butter, cubed (1 stick)
- 1/4 Cup dark corn syrup (I used light)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Cup mixed nuts
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a rolling boil. Cook and stir until candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in baking soda (mixture will foam). Quickly pour over popcorn and mix well; stir in nuts.
- Transfer to two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Bake at 200° for 45 minutes, stirring once. Remove from pans and place on waxed paper to cool. Break into clusters. Store in airtight containers.
- Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.