This is an excellent enchilada sauce!! The chocolate does not
make it sweet it adds more of a smokiness to the recipe
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stirring constantly, slowly add enough of the water to make a thin paste.
- Pour into pan and add rest of water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Stir in tomato sauce.
- Use in your favorite enchilada recipe.
- The amounts on the ingredients are very flexible.
- For instance, if I am feeding my kids who do not like”spicy”, I will halve the chili powder and double the tomato sauce.
The following two tabs change content below.
Online Editor at Colie's Kitchen
Welcome to Colie’s Kitchen. I hope you find a lot of recipes here that inspire you to hop in the kitchen and start cooking. I don't believe there are bad cooks, I believe that anyone can learn if they really want to learn. Cooking is an art and something that can be a passion. You are not born a good cook.... you evolve into a great cook. It's your kitchen... own it!