My original intention was to make the Bush’s recipe.
After looking it over I decided it didn’t have enough “pazazz”!
This recipe on the other hand is loaded with pazazz and fantastic!
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 (16 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 1 can of Rotel
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- In large skillet, saute onion and bell pepper in margarine for 5 minutes or until transparent.
- Add chilies, flour and cumin, garlic powder, onion powder; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add beans, Rote, and chicken broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Add chicken; cook until hot.
You can garnish with cheese, tortilla chips, sour cream or salsa.
The following two tabs change content below.
Online Editor at Colie's Kitchen
Welcome to Colie’s Kitchen. I hope you find a lot of recipes here that inspire you to hop in the kitchen and start cooking. I don't believe there are bad cooks, I believe that anyone can learn if they really want to learn. Cooking is an art and something that can be a passion. You are not born a good cook.... you evolve into a great cook. It's your kitchen... own it!