This is another holiday staple in our family. I can’t imagine a holiday without it. It’s a very simple recipe that feeds a lot of people, and doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, cooked,well drained (I use fresh)
- 8-12 ounces of Velveeta
- Saute onion, celery, and 2 tbsp butter in skillet cook until soft around five minutes and set aside
- Cook rice according to the directions on the package
- While the rice is cooking steam broccoli until it’s tender
- Add rice, soup, broccoli, sauted vegetables and velveet together, and mix well.
- Spoon into 1 1/2 quart casserole dish
- Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes or until thoroughly heated.