I found a recipe called Coke Au Vin Baked Ham I like the “idea” of the recipe and the ingredients, but not the directions. I never cook bone in hams don’t ask me why, I just don’t.
The original recipe was of no use to me other than the ingredients. This ham turned out AMAZING the flavor is wonderful. I can’t forget to mention how tender it was. I cut the ham with a bread knife… Seriously!
This ham really reminded me of a honey baked ham without the crusty outsides. I didn’t want the ham to be super sweet, but I wanted it to have a great flavor. I think everyone ate more ham than anything else when I made this for Easter. What a yummy recipe.
By the way please ignore my scoring…. I am clearly not very good at it, but who cares the ham was amazing not pretty!
- 1 (5-8 lb.) ham roll (I like Corn King)
- 3 cups Coca-Cola
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Score ham about 1″ deep covering the entire ham
- Place ham in a Jumbo 2 1/2 gallon zip bag
- In a bowl whisk together Coca-Cola, marsala wine, Dijon mustard, and the brown sugar
- Mix until the brown sugar dissolves
- Add liquid mixture to the zip bagged ham
- Marinate the ham for 6 hours in the refrigerator. Frequently turn the ham to evenly marinate.
- After the ham has had time to marinate add the ham to a 9×14 pan
- Pour the marinate over the ham
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees
- Add ham to the warm oven
- Baste every 15 minutes with the mixture in the pan
- Bake for 1 hour.