This recipe is just wonderful!! We LOVED it! I can't say enough about just how great this recipe is. The flavor is great, the smell while it's cooking is great... My husband always wants to eat this at a "Cajun" place at the mall food court. We don't need too now!
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken.
- Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium Heat until well mixed and dissolved.
- Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice and ENJOY.