I found this recipe by looking online for the ultimate fried chicken breading. I think I have found the holy grail of fried chicken breading/batter. This recipe reminds me of KFC, but probably better. I have now used it twice, and just love it. The flavors just pop out! You can find the original recipe .
- 2 beaten egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
1. Beat the egg and milk together in a bowl.
2. Combine the flour with the garlic salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and paprika in a big plastic bag.
3. Put the chicken in the bag, seal it and shake to coat it.
4. Dip the flour-coated chicken in the egg mixture and again in the flour mixture.
5. Heat the oil in a skillet to 365 degrees F. Brown the chicken on all sides in the hot oil.
6. Turn the heat down to medium low and give the chicken another half an hour or until it is cooked through.
7. Drain it on paper towels and serve.