I use to fry the chicken I use vegetable oil normally Crisco.
How many pieces of chicken does this recipe make?
My best answer would be it’s going to vary. It will depend on the size of the pieces and if you are using boneless or bone in. It’s also going to vary on what pieces you are using. I can normally get 6-8 pieces that are about 6-8 ounces each. I use boneless skinless chicken breast but you can use anything. I have used both but prefer boneless.
How long do you cook the chicken?
Again this will vary. I use a meat thermometer and wait for it to reach 165 degrees I never take a chance and go by just looks alone. You can have a beautiful golden crust that was fried too quickly and have a raw center. You don’t want that. I don’t trust chicken that much.
What temperature do you cook the oil?
I heat the oil to 365 degrees. You will want to watch your oil and change the heat levels up and down during the process and try to maintain 365 degrees. I recommend a thermometer that will attach to the side of your pain so that you can see the temperature at all times.
How do you get the chicken juicy?
I prefer to cook the chicken with a lid on it this seems to help retain the moisture.
Can I marinate the chicken ahead of time?
- 2 beaten egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- Beat the egg and milk together in a bowl.
- Combine the flour with the garlic salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and paprika in a big plastic bag.
- Put the chicken in the bag, seal it and shake to coat it.
- Dip the flour-coated chicken in the egg mixture and again in the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil in a skillet to 365 degrees F. Brown the chicken on all sides in the hot oil.
- Turn the heat down to medium low and give the chicken another half an hour or until it is cooked through.
- Drain it on paper towels and serve.