I am a big advocate of olive oil. Not only is it better for you, but I also love the flavor. When the opportunity presented itself for me to try Lakonia Greek Products olive oil, salad dressing and their olives I jumped at the chance.
The day the Lakonia Greek Products arrived in the mail I decided to make a recipe from Lakonia’s website. I wanted to try their olive oil, and what better way than to try their hummus recipe. I love hummus!!
Missy’s Greek Hummus
- 2 cans chick peas (15.5 oz.)
- 1 large tablespoon of tahini
- a little less than 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 2.5 teaspoons garlic
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of pepper
Pour the garbanzo beans in your food processor. First add garlic, olive oil and sour cream. Process until texture is smooth. Add more sour cream or olive oil to get a smoother texture if it isn’t already. Next add your lemon juice, salt and pepper. Process well.
The recipe is fantastic, and the olive oil was incredible!! Unlike so many domestic olive oils Lakonia’s olive is premium grade. The flavor is delicate and complex buttery, and nutty. This olive oil would go great in every dish. My favorite way of using it was adding a few spices to it, and using it as a dipping sauce for toasted chabatta bread. Yummy!
The next Lakonia Greek Products I tried was their Greek kalamata Olives. I don’t like your typical canned black olives, but I do love kalamata olives. The first words that came to mouth after having Lakonia Greek Kalamata olives was WOW! I no longer love just any kalamata olives I love Lakonia’s olives. They are bursting with a rich sweet flavor, and the best I have ever eaten. These would be great on our Christmas dinner table. The Greek cracked green olives are also amazing. It became a competition between my husband and I as to who was going to eat more. He loves green olives even more than I do. One thing Kevin and I both agreed on was Lakonia Greek olives are the best we have ever eaten… true quality!
The last and certainly not the least of Lakonia’s products I tried was their Greek Lemon Dressing. I was intrigued right from the beginning because I love lemon, and I love salads. This is a light and delicious dressing bursting with lemon and oregano flavors. I used it on a spinach salad, and wow was that a magic combination. Using the Greek Lemon Dressing on a spinach salad only enhanced the already lemony flavor of the fresh spinach. The dressing is so light that it also makes a great dipping sauce for bread sticks.
I am so impressed with Lakonia Greek Products. Their products are flavorful, and of the highest quality. You won’t be disappointed! To place your order visit www. lakoniagreekproducts.com
The Gift Basket Includes:
- Greek Lemon Dressing (5 oz.)
- Wild Greek Oregano (16 g.)
- Kalamata Olives (8 oz.)
- Unfiltered Extra Virgin Olive Oil (8.45 oz.)
- Greek Balsamic Dressing (8.45 oz.)
- Cracked Green Olives (8 oz.).
- (MANDATORY) Visit www. lakoniagreekproducts.com and tell us which one of Lakonia's products you would like to try.
- Follow Colie's Kitchen.com on Google Friend Connect and leave a comment stated you follow. (1 entry)
- and leave a message that you were sent from Colies Kitchen and have entered to win their Gift Basket, and post here your facebook name so that your post can be verified. (1 entry)
- "Like" Colie's Kitchen on Facebook, and leave a comment! (1 extra entry)
- Follow Colies Kitchen on Twitter (We will follow you back) (1 extra entry)
- Blog about this giveaway, and post a link here (DOUBLE ENTRY)
- (DAILY ENTRY) Post this message on Twitter: Enter to win a Lakonia Greek Products Gift Basket from www.colieskitchen.com @ColiesKitchen #giveaway #giftbasket #win (One entry per day when you post this message each day, be sure to come back here daily to post your entry)
*This giveaway will end December 23, 2010 at 10:00 p.m. CST. Winner will be chosen via Random.org and notified by e-mail. The Winner will have 48 hours to respond. If we don't hear from the winner we will choose another one. The email will come from the address firstname.lastname@example.org add this to your address book so that it doesn't go to spam, or keep checking back for the WINNER!!
*As required by the Federal Trade Commission: This product was given to Colie's Kitchen by Wicked Wicker Unique Gift Baskets at no cost to Colie's Kitchen, nor is Colie's Kitchen being paid to endorse the product. All that was asked of Colie's Kitchen was to review the product, and give our honestly opinion.*