I love Tabbouleh! I will say it is an aquired taste. I grew up with Lebanese neighbors so I quick found my love for their food. I really like adding it to my pita wraps I normally add ham, cheese, and tabbouleh, and wah-la I have a excellent low cal lunch! In this recipe it’s important to use fresh ingredients.
- 2 bunches fresh Italian parsley or flat leaf parsley or fresh parsley, finely chopped.
- 1 bunch of green onions, finely chopped
- 4 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 lemons, juice of (Freshly Squeeze)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup bulgur or burghul
- 1 cup water, boiled
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt