Because of a really great sale I ended up with about 30 cans of Pillsbury Grand’s Biscuits. I ended up giving most of them away, but I still have a few cans I wanted to do something with. I decided to make Super Simple Cinnamon Sugar Donuts. These are definitely not for your calorie conscious or anyone on the Summer Slim Down Challenge, but they are REALLY good especially warm. Quick, Easy, Cheap, and Delicious!
- 1 Can Pillsbury Grand’s Biscuits
- 1 Cup sugar
- 4Tbs Cinnamon
- Vegetable Oil for Frying
- 1 zip bag
- 1 soda bottle cap (I used my red wine vinegar cap)
- Heat your vegetable oil to 350 degrees about 3-4 inches deep
- In a zip bag add cinnamon and sugar, zip up the bag and shake, set aside
- Open up the can of biscuits and flatten them slightly
- Take your soda bottle cap and punch out a hole in the middle of your biscuits. (Don’t throw away the center hole they make great donut holes)
- Cook donuts until they are golden brown on each side cooking long enough to insure they are done in the middle. Flip several times during the cooking process. Make them in small batches to insure you are not crowding the oil. I made 2 at a time.
- As each donut comes out of the oil add it to the cinnamon sugar filled zip back, close up and shake, then set the now cinnamon sugar aside and continue the process until you are done.
The following two tabs change content below.
Online Editor at Colie's Kitchen
Welcome to Colie’s Kitchen. I hope you find a lot of recipes here that inspire you to hop in the kitchen and start cooking. I don't believe there are bad cooks, I believe that anyone can learn if they really want to learn. Cooking is an art and something that can be a passion. You are not born a good cook.... you evolve into a great cook. It's your kitchen... own it!