It was always a toss-up as to who made the best green beans… my Dad, or my Granny? I love this green bean recipe. If you don’t have fresh green beans you can always use canned although fresh are always better.
These green beans are full of flavor and make a great presentation. I could eat them as a meal!
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup cooked ham, or bacon chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Add bacon to a skillet and cook your bacon or ham about half way just before it turns crispy. Drain all but about 2 tbsps. of the bacon fat.
- Combine all other ingredients in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook 15 minutes for canned green beans, and 30-45 minutes for fresh green beans.
The following two tabs change content below.
Online Editor at Colie's Kitchen
Welcome to Colie’s Kitchen. I hope you find a lot of recipes here that inspire you to hop in the kitchen and start cooking. I don't believe there are bad cooks, I believe that anyone can learn if they really want to learn. Cooking is an art and something that can be a passion. You are not born a good cook.... you evolve into a great cook. It's your kitchen... own it!