This recipe is great. Not only is it much easier than making refried beans from scratch, but the flavor is just as good, if not better. Most restaurants that serve refried beans serve them dried out and tasteless, some even have a chalky taste. Yuck! With this recipe I took a few recipes that were OK, and put them altogether to get this one. They turned out so good!
My husband freaked over them, and to be honest so did I!
- 19.75oz can whole pinto beans (Drained)
- 1/4lb bacon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ onions chopped
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Cut your bacon up into ¼-inch slices. Fry until crispy.
- Remove Bacon and dry on a paper towel while leaving the bacon drippings in the pan.
- To the drippings, add onion, and the garlic. Cook until tender and translucent.
- Remove 1 cup of beans from the can and leave them in reserve.
- Take remaining beans and mash them in the pan of onion and garlic. Mix it all together, and Add Chicken Broth. Stir ingredients well.
- Add remaining beans and mix all together.
- Add the cooked bacon back to the pot. Cook until bacon is no longer crisp, but tender.
- If needed add additional Chicken Broth to the beans.