(Please disregard the Sponge Bob Square Pants plate :-))
Sloppy Joes has to be my least favorite meal. I loved them when I was a kid and requested them every chance I got. Then suddenly the idea of eating on was just the worst thing you could ask of me. I never really got over that. My family on the other hand just loves them. I decided to think outside of the can and make them from scratch. To be honest with you they turned out really good. My family raved about them, and said they were far superior to anything out of a can. This will be on our keeper list. Thank you Jude for this great recipe. If you have a recipe you would like to have featured please email me at email@example.com
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, celery and onion.
- Drain the fat
- Stir in remaining ingredients, simmer covered, 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook until it’s the consistency you like for serving on toasted buns, with french fries and cole slaw
The following two tabs change content below.
Online Editor at Colie's Kitchen
Welcome to Colie’s Kitchen. I hope you find a lot of recipes here that inspire you to hop in the kitchen and start cooking. I don't believe there are bad cooks, I believe that anyone can learn if they really want to learn. Cooking is an art and something that can be a passion. You are not born a good cook.... you evolve into a great cook. It's your kitchen... own it!