This is my favorite recipes for pound cake it’s simple fantastic. I love to use it for strawberry shortcake, but it taste great eating it alone as well. Everyone in my family gobbles it up. It’s very rare that it doesn’t all get eaten the same night it’s made. It really is heavenly.
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups white sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan or bunt pan
- In a large bowl, cream butter for 2 minutes (I let my Kitchen Aid mixer do all of this work).
- Add sugar and continue beating for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating we1l with each addition
- Add flour alternating with whipped cream beginning and ending with flour.
- Stir in vanilla extract
- Spoon into prepared tube or bunt pan
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hours and 10 minutes or until cooked through
- Turn out onto a cotton dishtowel and place on cooling rack covered with cotton towel. When cool sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with fruit or plain.