I freaked out about 3:30 this afternoon when I realized I forgot to make the meatballs and stick them in the crockpot. I ran in the kitchen and put everything together in less than 10 minutes and put the crockpot on high. It’s super easy to put together. I put all the meatball ingredients in my Kitchen Aid and let go. Then I quickly rolled the meatballs and poured the sauce on top.
I set my crockpot on high because I was running behind. I had everything in the house except the duck sauce so it didn’t cost much to make. By 7:00pm dinner was ready and fantastic. This recipe was a huge hit we didn’t have one meatball left over. Everyone raved about how wonderful they were, and the house smelled amazing too. This is now one of my favorite recipes. I found it on www.allyou.com and fell in love.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 scallions, white and light-green parts, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup jarred Chinese plum sauce or duck sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1. Combine pork, panko, scallions, egg, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a large bowl; mix gently but thoroughly with your fingers.
2. Roll into 1-inch balls. Mist slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Add meatballs.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together barbecue sauce, plum sauce and hoisin sauce; pour over meatballs. Gently stir to coat.
4. Cover and cook on low until meatballs are cooked through, 3 to 5 hours.
Originally Found on www.allyou.com
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: