My original plan was to take this beautiful chicken out of the crockpot and post a picture of the chicken on a platter. Thank goodness I took a picture before I pulled the chicken out because as soon as I attempted to take it out the entire chicken fell to pieces.
It was so tender that I ended up taking it out piece by piece. Yep it looked like a mess, but boy was it tender. The flavor was incredible and it was so super easy. I simply put the chicken in the crockpot, rubbed it down with spices, and 7 hours later it was done.
The chicken doesn’t require any type of liquid because it will make its own. I have a feeling it was done long before the 7 hours, but I just didn’t bother to check. I love the ease of this recipe all you have to do is put it in the crockpot then forget about it!
Don’t ask me why but I never thought of roasting a chicken in the crockpot, but after this yummy creation I don’t think I would waste the energy by sticking it in the oven and heating up the entire house! Crockpot Roasted Chicken Perfection!
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large roasting chicken
- 1 cup chopped onion
- In a small bowl, combine the spices.
- Remove any giblets from chicken and clean chicken.
- Rub spice mixture onto the chicken.
- Place chopped onion in bottom of crock pot.
- Add chicken. No liquid is needed, the chicken will make it's own juices.
- Cook on low 4-8 hours.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com