These are divine!! I love them. They are well worth making. The flavor is amazing, they are crunchy, and hold their crunch!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup beer (I used Leinenkugel Summer Wheat)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 large onions (I used white because they were on sale)
- vegetable oil for frying
- Combine all ingredients (except for the oil) in a bowl and mix all together.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour. (I have done it without refrigerating and it works fine too if you don’t have time to wait)
- Peel onions and cut crosswise 1/3 inch thick and separate into rings.
- Dust the onion rings with the some additional flour, shaking off the excess, and coat them with the batter.
- Working in batches, fry the onion rings in 2 inches of preheated 370 degrees, oil until they are golden.
- Transfer them with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain and sprinkle them with salt to taste.
Category: Recipe 1