When I was a kid we ate at MONTEREY HOUSE often. I don’t even think they are around anymore, but I have great memories of the candy they would give you after your meal. This recipe taste just like it to me!! Yummy! (Some of my blopps are messy… I was in a hurry because it was getting too stiff WATCH OUT)
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. white sugar
- 2/3 c. canned milk
- 1/2 c. oleo or butter
- 2 c. chopped nuts
- Put all ingredients together in a sauce pan.
- Cook until your candy thermometer hits 240 degrees.
- Remove from heat
- Let it cool until your candy thermometer hits 150 degrees (About 15mins)
- Beat until it’s stiff. … It won’t take long
- Drop on ungreased wax paper by a teaspoon.
- Allow to cool about 30 minutes or until solid