I absolutely loved this recipe! It’s simple fantastic! Don’t get me wrong it’s nothing fancy, but that’s what I like about it. I already like Stovetop Stuffing, but this takes Stovetop and fancy’s it up! After it was made no one had a clue that the majority of the recipe came out of a box! Frugal, easy, and fantastic… what more could you ask for?
- 1 medium onions, minced
- 2 -3 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1-2 cups chicken broth (or any broth)
- Hot water
- 1 (6 ounce) packages Stove Top-style stuffing mix
- Sauté onions and celery in butter.
- Sprinkle with poultry seasoning.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Toss this mixture into your favorite dry stuffing mix.
- Heat broth and set aside.
- Read directions on your favorite stuffing mix box.
- Add enough hot water to the broth to make up the required liquid needed.
- (Omit butter the recipe calls for as it was already used to sauté vegetables.)
- Pour over stuffing/vegetables mixture and mix well.
- Stuff your chicken or turkey. For a side dish place stuffing in a baking dish; cover and bake for 15 to 25 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.