This was a really fun meal for the family. It was quick and easy, and relatively inexpensive. Everyone likes sliders and finger food. These would be great to serve at a get together or a party. This is also a great meal for something for a midweek meal when you need something fast. I have seen a lot of recipe on the web that is similar to this one that uses a lot more brown sugar. I made the heavy brown sugar recipe once, but it was a little too sweet for us. I like this recipe much better because it’s a little milder!
- 12 good white dinner rolls
- 12 pieces good honey ham
- 12 small slices Swiss cheese
- miracle whip
Poppy seed sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 Tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 Tablespoon minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon brown sugar
- Spread onto both sides of the center of each roll may or miracle whip. Place a slice of ham and a slice of Swiss inside of each roll. Close rolls and place them into a large baking dish or heavy cookie sheet. Place very close together.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the poppy seed sauce ingredients. Pour evenly over all of the sandwiches. You do not have to use all of the sauce! Just use enough to cover the tops. Let sit 10 minutes or until butter sets slightly. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Uncover and cook for 2 additional minutes or until tops are slightly brown and crispy. Serve warm.
The following two tabs change content below.
Online Editor at Colie's Kitchen
Welcome to Colie’s Kitchen. I hope you find a lot of recipes here that inspire you to hop in the kitchen and start cooking. I don't believe there are bad cooks, I believe that anyone can learn if they really want to learn. Cooking is an art and something that can be a passion. You are not born a good cook.... you evolve into a great cook. It's your kitchen... own it!