This is a fantastic recipe! You can do basically whatever you want with it using anything you have in the refrigerator hence the name trash can omelet that’s what my husband calls it! It’s so easy to make and great tasting!! My motto for this recipe is any leftovers you have or anything that is close to going bad is a must for this recipe! I hate wasting food, and this a great way to use up left overs. Pieces or steak or chicken, veggies you name it!!
- 6 sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 fresh bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 fresh onion chopped
- 3 small cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked ham (lunch meat)
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked chicken (lunch meat)
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 TBS flour
- 3/8 cup milk
- 3 TBS grated parmesan cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 TBS margarine
- 8 oz grated mixed cheese blend
- Line the bottom and sides of a greased 15 inch X 10 inch and 1 inch deep jelly roll pan with parchment paper, grease the paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl (I used my Kitchen Aid mixer it works like a dream on this) add room temperature cream cheese and milk blend together until smooth. Beat in parmesan cheese and flour until blended smooth, then beat in eggs and mix well. Pour mixture in prepared pan.
- Bake on 375 for 20 mins. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté peppers, onion and garlic for about 5 mins or until tender, and then add mushrooms, chicken, ham and sauté all together for about another 5 mins. Keep warm.
- Once cooked turn omelet onto a work surface, peel off parchment paper and return omelet to the jelly roll pan. Sprinkle with cheese, then vegetable /meat mixture and give it a few extra shakes of parmesan cheese salt and pepper to taste. If needed add back to the oven to melt cheese. Once cheese is melted roll up the omelet jelly roll style, starting with a short side. Slice to serve… Enjoy!
Category: Recipe 1