Let’s get one thing straight right from the beginning … I HATE MEATLOAF! Well, until now! My family loves meat loaf, but never get it, because I hate it! I finally decided to be nice and make it because I found a recipe that had great reviews.
This recipe was so easy to put together. I actually sat at the kitchen table with all of my ingredients and had it together in minutes. It comes out of the oven so juicy, and simply yummy. I have only had meatloaf a few times in the past, and it’s always very dry. One piece of information I will give you is when you initally put it all together it seems very wet, but this is what keeps it moist. Don't add anything extra to remove the moisture like more bread even though you will think you need to. This got rave reviews in my house … even from me! Original Recipe Source
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 slice bread (broken or chopped finely)
- 1 egg
- 1 small vidalia onion or type sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2-2/3 cup whole milk or half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed firm
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Meatloaf: Combine meat loaf ingredients and place into a loaf baking dish (I use a 13x9x2 pan and just made the loaf in the middle of the pan not touching the sides so that the sauce can run down the sides to help keep the meat loaf moist.)
- Smooth out top.
- Sauce: Combine sauce ingredients and pour on top and sides of meatloaf.
- Bake at 350°F about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until done