This is probably one of my favorite recipes. If you love fresh asparagus and a little garlic you will love this recipe. It’s called garlicky, but it’s not over the top garlic. This is a great recipe hot or cold, and makes a really great presentation. It travels well also if you need a dish for a church social, pot luck or any get together. I normally serve it as a side dish, but it would make a great meat free meal also! Enjoy!!
- 3 cups uncooked Pasta
- 6 large cloves of garlic minced
- 2-3 bunches of green onions sliced in 1/8 inch slices or smaller
- 4 tbs margarine
- 1 lb of asparagus.
- Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, cook your pasta according to the package directions (al dente). Set aside
- Wash asparagus well then cut into one-inch pieces. Woody ends need to be removed or filed down
- Place asparagus in a pot with enough water to cover. Steam the asparagus for 10-20 minutes until all the pieces are tender. Set aside
- In a Dutch oven or a large pot place sliced green onions, minced garlic and margarine. Sauté until tender, but not browned.
- In the pot with the sautéed, green onions and garlic add the cooked pasta and asparagus.
- Liberally add parmesan cheese to cover all the ingredients (I add a lot … more makes this recipe better)
- Heat through and serve.