I can’t even begin to tell you just how amazing this is! The key ingredient in this recipe is Napa Valley Bistro - Porcini Mushroom Pasta Sauces! I strongly encourage you to use this pasta sauce because it really does make this dish. I will admit this sauce is a little pricey but it’s well worth it. This is a quick and easy recipe to put together and makes a great freezer recipe. This is only a half recipe the full recipe which would require you to double everything below would be cooked in a 13X9 pan.
- 1/4 lb. lean ground beef
- ¼ lb. Italian sausage
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 (32 ounce) Jar Napa Valley Bistro - Porcini Mushroom Pasta Sauces
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces package ziti pasta, cooked and drained
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Small can of mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef, sausage, bell pepper onions, and garlic over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until meat is browned and the vegetables are tender; stirring frequently.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, chicken broth, and oregano, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir 1 cup of the sauce into the cooked ziti noodles.
- Spoon 1/2 of the ziti mixture into a pie plate or a medium size baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Top with 2 cups sauce, then remaining ziti mixture and remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Return to oven and bake uncovered for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com