We have this recipe quite a bit in our house. If I can find a roast on sale that is small enough I like to make the cheesesteaks for a week night meal. The whole process goes very quickly. You could probably cut the meat up over the weekend then freeze it until you need it. That would make the entire process go supper fast.
We really love these sandwiches they are easy and fantastic!
- 2 lbs. Chuck Roast (or any roast you choose)
- Meat tenderizer
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 large bell pepper sliced
- 1 large can of mushroom or fresh mushrooms
- 1 package of dry Lipton Beefy Mushroom Soup or Beef or Onion Soup
- 6 rolls
- Grated mozzarella or provolone cheese
- Slice roast into ½ inch slices until the entire roast is sliced. Lightly coat roast in meat tenderizer. Allow to rest at least 10 minutes.
- To a skillet add sliced, onions, bell pepper, and garlic and begin to sauté add roast and mix well.
- Cook until the meat is cooked and the vegetables are tender
- Add mushroom and beefy mushroom soup mix well
- Cook for 15 minutes until the mixture is heated through
- Stuff rolls with meat and cheese
- Heat in oven to melt cheese if you desire
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com