|This pic was taken in a quick hurry with my cellphone
so it doesn’t do the recipe justice, but it’s worth trying!
This was a Kraft recipe that I revamped. The reviews were OK on it, but it was obvious why they were just OK. With a little revamping this recipe is excellent. It’s super simple and actually tastes great. I love the concept of this recipe because it’s a one pot recipe. During the week it’s a breeze to make. Its not the most calorie friendly because of the cheese, but to help with calories and fat I used Fat free cream of mushroom soup and it was great. We didn’t miss the extra fat at all.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2.5 cups beef broth
- ½ chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 cups medium egg noodles, uncooked
- 5 oz. VELVEETA®, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Brown your ground beef in a large skillet then drain the oil from it
- Add onion and garlic to the ground beef and cook until onion is tender
- Stir in beef broth, and then bring to boil. Stir in noodles; cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 8 min. or until noodles are tender.
- Add Velveeta, cream of mushroom soup, salt and pepper; cook 5 min. or until Velveeta is melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.
- If needed you can thin with extra beef broth
*Note: I think this recipe is one that you could do so many things with. I think one huge change besides the fat free cream of mushroom soup is the cheese. I think you could add some really amazing mixtures of cheese like Gouda, Havarti, or even goat cheese for the creaminess.*
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com