- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Beaten egg white, Kosher Salt, Melted Margarine optional
- Combine the first four ingredients. Store in a re-sealable plastic bag.
- Yield: 1 batch (3-1/3 cups total).
- To prepare pretzels: Place water in bread machine pan. Add mix. Top with butter and yeast. Select dough setting (checks dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down; cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Divide into 12 portions; shape each into a ball. Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour. Roll and twist into pretzel shapes if desired, brush tops with egg white and sprinkle with Kosher Salt. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Brush with melted margarine. Serve warm, and Enjoy!
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com