Is it just me or is that a cute name? That's what initially caught my eyes. Scooter made me think of the Muppets. This is a really good recipe that is easy to make and quick. It also freezes nicely which is always a bonus. I was a little intimated by the quirkiness of the recipe with the cream cheese and french fried onions. I thought it was strange yet it intrigued me.
We all really enjoyed it and enjoyed the left overs even more. What I thought was weird "the french fried onions" I ended up enjoying the best about this recipe. I found this recipe on Salad in a Jar. Paula has a great site check it out!!
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large can spaghetti sauce (26.5 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers (I usually omit or substitute red peppers)
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- French Fried Onions (small can)
- Cook spaghetti according to directions on the package. Cook to al dente, drain and set aside.
- Brown ground beef. Drain excess grease. Add spaghetti sauce to skillet and heat.
- Combine onions, peppers and butter in small glass bowl. Cover and microwave 4 minutes on HIGH until soft.
- Add cream cheese and milk to vegetables and stir well. (If cream cheese is not soft, nuke it for 20-30 seconds to make it easy to spread.)
- Using a 10 x 6 dish, assemble in the following order:
- Thin layer of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the casserole dish. Spaghetti Cream cheese/vegetable mixture, Spaghetti sauce, Parmesan Cheese (amount subject to your own taste)
- French Fried Onions on top (added during last 5 minutes of cooking)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Top with French Fried onion and continue baking 5 more minutes. This is the secret ingredient–don’t let them burn.)
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com