I can’t even begin to describe to you how great this recipe is. This is a recipe I like to describe as “defying tradition! Taking the old and ordinary and making it extraordinary” I do not like plain mashed potatoes I never have. They are too plain and ordinary for me I like food bursting with flavor. This recipe is fantastic.
I was looking for something different so I looked through the refrigerator and this is what I came up with! I hope you love it too!! I will warn you these are not your skinny potatoes, but they are worth the extra workout at the gym.
- 1 lb. of potatoes peeled and boiled
- 1 bulb or garlic (approx. 6 pods)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 green onions sliced
- ½ margarine or butter
- ¼ lb. of uncooked bacon
- ½ cup cheddar cheese grated
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Roast garlic (Here are directions if needed)
- Peel and cut your potatoes into medium size pieces and boil potatoes until they are cooked through.
- While potatoes are cooking pan fry the bacon until it’s crispy in a skillet. When the bacon is completely cooked remove from the skillet and allow to drain on a paper towel.
- Drain bacon grease from the skillet. (No need to wipe it clean)
- In the same skillet where you cooked your bacon add margarine, and roasted garlic. With a fork smash garlic so that it starts to blend into the margarine, then add your green onions. Cook until the green onions become soft.
- Once your potatoes are cooked drain water off your potatoes then add potatoes back to their pot.
- Add garlic, margarine, and green onion mixture to the potatoes then add sour cream, salt and pepper and begin to mash your potatoes. I always put my potatoes into my Kitchen aid mixer along with the other ingredients and let the mixer do the work. The great thing is … no lumps!
- Once the potatoes are well mashed and mixed together place mashed potato mixture in a baking dish. Spread potatoes out and top cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Bake on 350 until the cheese is melted.
The following two tabs change content below.
Online Editor at Colie's Kitchen
Welcome to Colie’s Kitchen. I hope you find a lot of recipes here that inspire you to hop in the kitchen and start cooking. I don't believe there are bad cooks, I believe that anyone can learn if they really want to learn. Cooking is an art and something that can be a passion. You are not born a good cook.... you evolve into a great cook. It's your kitchen... own it!