After a long day, preparing a delicious home-cooked meal can be quite a challenge, and getting started is often the hardest part. For most people they would rather just pick up something from a drive through verses make dinner. New Progresso Recipe Starters cooking sauces give you a head start to a home cooked meal! Talk about fast and easy! The meals I tried were ready in less than 30 minutes.
Progresso Recipe Starters sauces are available in five flavorful varieties that can each be used as a starter to create numerous home-cooked meals. Inspired by the five “Mother” Sauces that form the basis of classical French cooking, including Béchamel, Velouté, Tomato, Espagnole and Hollandaise, Recipe Starters use a variety of ingredients and the best techniques to make sure your family has endless solutions to the weeknight dinner dilemma.
The five varieties are:
- Creamy Parmesan Basil: This creamy, full-bodied and indulgent sauce that was inspired by alfredo and creamy pesto sauces can be used to make meals such as Crispy Garlic-Parmesan Chicken, Creamy Chicken Alfredo, Basil Chicken Ravioli Carbonara and Basil Chicken Thai Noodle
- Creamy Roasted Garlic with Chicken Stock: With caramelized, roasted chicken broth, garlic and a touch of cream, this stock is perfect for dishes such as Creamy Lemon Chicken, Chicken Pot Pie and Chicken Enchiladas
- Fire Roasted Tomato: A medium-thick tomato sauce, accompanied by flavors of roasted, caramelized tomatoes, oregano and bell peppers, which can be used as a great way to begin creating Pulled Chicken Sandwiches, Easy Weeknight Chicken Parmesan, Cheese-stuffed Mini Meat Loaves and Mole Tacos
- Creamy Portabella Mushroom: Creamy and highly indulgent, this smooth sauce is rich with sautéed Portabella mushrooms, giving you any easy way to start decedent meals like Easy Weeknight Beef Stroganoff, Steak and Mushroom Sandwich and Tetrazzini
- Creamy Three Cheese: Rich and creamy with a blend of yellow and white cheeses, and a savory background of chicken stock, onion, garlic and cracked pepper, this is a great way to satisfy cheese lovers with Easy Weeknight Bacon Mac & Cheese, Twice-Baked Potato Pizza and Cheesy Egg Breakfast Tacos
- Progresso created 80 recipes utilizing this new line of cooking sauces that can be found on Progresso.com. Many of these recipes are classic family favorites, such as Bacon Mac n’ Cheese, Chicken Pot Pie and Chicken Parmesan, and utilize ingredients your family may already have on-hand.
Here are a few of the recipes I chose to make!
We all loved this recipe! You can’t ever go wrong with Tortellini anything. This recipe was easy to make and came out super creamy. The entire meal was done in 30 minutes which was impressive because normally I would run out and bring home fast food, but in the same amount of time it would take me to get there, order, and get home, dinner was done and my family was eating a great meal. Yumm!
This was our favorite recipe and could not have been easier to make! It was super fantastic and very delicious. The first thing that came to mind once it was ready was just how great this recipe would be for a pot luck dinner, or a quick and easy holiday morning breakfast that could be made up ahead of time or even a recipe that travels well and freezes well! I highly recommend this recipe to anyone. We even took the leftovers and wrapped ¼ cup of the mixture up in flour tortillas for breakfast tacos. Perfection!
We are going to be dining on this recipe this week! How can you go wrong with mac-n-cheese with bacon!! Doesn’t everything taste better with bacon?
*As required by the Federal Trade Commission: The information have been provided by Progresso through Myblogspark to Colie's Kitchen at no cost to Colie's Kitchen, nor is Colie's Kitchen being paid to endorse this product. All that was asked of Colie's Kitchen was to review the product, and give our honest opinion. Full Disclosure Policy*
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com