I found this recipe on Skinny Taste. I was looking for something easy and quick. I was also looking for a recipe that would be hardy, but would be something that everyone would love.
This recipe fit the bill for everything I was looking for. Oh my! It’s so good!! The flavor is incredible and it’s super simple. I love easy recipes that make a great presentation and this is one fits the build.
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/2 of a medium onion chopped
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. tomato paste
- 2 cans of mushroom stems and pieces (8 ounce each drained)
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. white wine
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 10 oz. uncooked noodles
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh flat-leaf parsley for garnish
- Cook noodles in a pot of salted water about 6 minutes so that they are just undercooked.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Melt margarine over medium heat and add onions to the pan. Cook until onions are golden brown.
- Add flour; stir with a wooden spoon for 30 seconds. Gradually add broth, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato paste, stirring constantly. Add mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper; stir and cook 4-5 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Add wine; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 30 seconds. Stir in sour cream; add noodles, mix well and garnish with parsley if desired and cook until noodles are cooked through and tender.