This is honestly one of the best recipes I have made in a long time. Tops on my list that’s for sure. The flavor is fantastic! It’s super simple to make and makes a beautiful presentation, certainly restaurant quality and more than anything you get a lot of bang for your buck!!
I really didn’t know if my family would enjoy this recipe. My aunt makes a killer pepper steak which my husband adores so I wasn’t sure he would be too happy with this recipe. You know it’s one of those things when you love something it’s hard to be excepting of something similar.
He was over the moon for this recipe and actually had seconds because he loved it so much. The worst part of making this recipe was taking the time to cut the meat nice and thin. The original recipe calls for round steak. I actually ended up using roast meat because I got it on sale and planned on using the other half of the roast for something different so it worked out well for us.
- 16 oz. round roast
- 4 tsp. plus 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice wine
- 3 tsp. cornstarch
- 5 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Slice meat into thin slices with the grain. Cut each strip across the grain about 1" long so you have small thin slices. Place in a bowl and add 4 tsp. of soy sauce, 1 tbsp. of rice wine, 1 tsp. cornstarch and black pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix 3 tbsp. soy sauce, 1 tbsp. water and 2 tsp. cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat the skillet on medium high heat. Swirl in 1 tbsp. oil and add the beef spreading evenly. Cook undisturbed for 20 seconds letting the beef brown. Using a spatula, stir meat, cooking another 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining 2 tsp. of oil to the skillet, add peppers and onions and cook about 2 minutes. Return beef to the skillet, add the sauce and stir fry about 30 seconds until slightly thickened.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com