I can’t even begin to tell you just how ridiculously good this recipe is. I planned to make it on a Sunday night, but somehow ran out of time. We ended up having it on a Monday which was a very bad day considering how time consuming this recipe can be. No regrets though! This recipe was well worth the time invested. It was very easy to make and came together easily too just plan on having extra time for all of the steps. The flavor is incredible… I mean over the top incredible. Saying this is a restaurant quality recipe is an understatement.
This is one of those recipes you save for a night when you are having guest over for dinner. They will be very impressed with this little ditty! I know everyone in my house was impressed. The sauce alone over pasta is well worth the time.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 large onion
- 7 oz. fresh mushrooms
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 5 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2/3 cup sharp cheddar
- Beef Bouillon cube
- 1 apple
- Salt & pepper
- Mince the onion and clean and slice the mushrooms then set aside.
- Season the chicken breasts with a generous amount of salt and pepper and set aside
- Cook the bacon and don’t clean out the pan the bacon drippings make this recipe what it is.
- Drain the bacon on a paper towel and set aside.
- Add butter to the dripping and quickly brown the chicken breasts on both sides, then transfer them to a casserole dish.
- Add onions to the skillet and cook for five minutes or so.
- Next add the sliced mushrooms, and allow them to sauté for a few minutes, then season with salt and pepper.
- Add crumbled bacon to the skillet, crumbled bouillon cube and then add in the wine.
- Add cream of mushroom soup and mix in well. Next add in sharp cheddar and mix in.
- Now pour the sauce over the chicken breasts so that they are well coated.
- Put the casserole in a preheated oven at 350F (175C) for 25 to 30 minutes. Until the chicken is super tender and the sauce is all hot and bubbly.
- While your chicken is cooking cook your spaghetti as directed on the packaged.
- Once your spaghetti and chicken are ready plate with the spaghetti on the bottom topped with chicken then the mushroom cream sauce over the top.