This is a Paula Deen Recipe. It’s very easy and the crockpot does most of the work. My family really liked it. As for myself I thought it needed a little more wow, but that is the Cajun blood coming out in me. You could probably add a little fire with a little cayenne pepper or Tabasco.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (14-ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- green onions for garnish
- cooked rice
- Preheat crock pot on high.
- In fry pan, heat olive oil. Add peppers, onions and celery. Cook until softened.
- Add chili powder and saute until caramelized. Remove from heat and pour into crock pot.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, hot sauce, Worcestershire, white sugar, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 3 hours.
- Add shrimp and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Serve over rice. Top with chopped green onions.
Servings: 8 servings
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 3 hours 10 min