- 1 pound green beans
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon walnut or olive oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- Wash green beans and trim ends.
- Bring 2 quarts salted water to boil in a 3-quart pot. Add green beans and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Pour into a colander to drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil. Toast walnuts in butter and oil 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add green beans and parsley; toss to coat. Serve while hot
*As required by the Federal Trade Commission: The information and gift packs have been provided by HEB to Colie’s Kitchen at no cost to Colie’s Kitchen, nor is Colie’s Kitchen being paid to endorse this product. All that was asked of Colie’s Kitchen was to review the product, and give our honest opinion. *
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: