This is a really great recipe that is simple and delicious! It’s very mild flavored so you won’t want to serve anything with it that has too much pep or it will make this recipe look bland.
It’s easy and would be great made on a week night when time is already short, at least it is in our house. We never have enough time during the week so I am always looking for easy recipes.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil if desired
- 6oz chopped onion
- 2 oz. bell pepper
- 16 oz. canned mushroom
- 2/3 cup long grain white rice
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 4 cloves roasted garlic (Garlic Roasted Instructions)
- If you desire to use olive oil to sauté your vegetables heat it until in a saucepan over medium heat; add mushrooms, bell pepper, and onion until tender, if you do not desire to use oil you will want to use a nonstick pan and as your vegetables are beginning to brown a tablespoon of water occasionally to help them along and to prevent them from burning and sticking cook about 5-8 minutes.
- Add in vegetable broth, white wine, rice, and roasted garlic. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 14 to 16 minutes.