I purchased a bag of stir fry veggies that claimed to already have the sauce in the bag of course just my luck as I start to make dinner I realized the packs of sauce are missing from the bag! Ugh! A meal that was purchased to be quick and easy didn’t turn out to be so quick and easy. At the last minute I was scrambling for a stir fry sauce recipe.
I came across this recipe and I am sure happy I did. Not only did it come together quick and easy but it’s really tasty too. The only thing I would change the next time I made this sauce is to use about half the suggested amount of sugar. Don’t get me wrong it was still good I would just prefer it to be a little less sweet. This makes enough for 4-5lbs of vegetables.
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup rice wine
- 3 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, broth, rice wine, sugar, sesame oil and white pepper.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/4 cup water.
- Heat a pan over high heat; add the cooking oil, swirling to coat; add the garlic and ginger; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- Add the soy sauce mixture; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cornstarch solution and cook, stirring, until the sauce boils and thickens.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com