Don’t get me wrong the recipe is really good. If you like cilantro you will love this rice. This recipe has a nice and spicy but you can control that with the amount of jalapenos you use. You ca also cut down on the garlic, but I wouldn’t. The garlic really melds this recipe together. I originally posted this recipe in 2009 so I have no idea who I owe credit to for you recipe. If it’s you please let me know.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- (2 ounce) jalapeno, chopped devein for a milder taste or use (4 ounce) can of chopped green chilies
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup long grain rice or brown rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Sauté in butter the garlic, onion and jalapenos until soft.
- Add uncooked rice.
- Stir constantly until rice is slightly brown.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Stir in the cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Cook for 30-45 minutes until rice is soft. (Brown rice can take up to 70 minutes to cook)
- Fluff and serve hot.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
Category: Sunday Recipe Rewind