I can’t express how delicious this recipe is. You will just have to try it for yourself to see how amazing this is. We made it to serve over pancakes, but it would be killer over ice cream which is what we are going to do with the left over.
I would advise you use any berries you have on hand. Frozen or fresh any berries will be amazing!
At first everyone looked at me like I was insane for having this over pancakes …that was until they took a bite. There are just really no words to express the incredible flavor of this compote. I will be making this all the time.
The idea behind this for me was the IHop Rooty Tooty Fresh ‘N Fruity and boy does this come through. I have never actually had the Rooty Tooty Fresh ‘N Fruity but I bet this is less expensive and just as good if not better!
- 1 cups frozen strawberries, hulled, quartered
- 1 cup frozen triple berries (blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries)
- 1 cup frozen hulled black cherries
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter cubed
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, combine sugar and butter. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Cook 2 minutes, then add berries, and lemon juice and cook another 5 minutes.
- Removing a few tablespoons of the juice and add to a small bowl with the corn starch. Mix until the paste is smooth then add it back to the compote and mix well.
- Boil for one minute then remove from the stove and allow to cool for ten minutes to thicken up.