This is a quick and easy way to have pot pie but without all the work. This is a pretty good recipe and I must admit that I appreciated the can of diced potatoes because when I am in a hurry I hate to peel potatoes.
This recipe came together pretty fast but it seemed like I had to keep adding broth to the pot the longer it cooked so keep an eye out so that your filling doesn’t get too thick.
- 1 can diced potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups frozen diced carrots, peas, corn
- 1 pound boneless chicken (breast or thighs)
- 2 celery ribs diced
- 1 medium onion (or 2 tbsp. dry onion flakes)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2-4 cup chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Over medium heat add butter and olive oil to a dutch oven. Cook until melted and well combined.
- Add diced chicken and cook until chicken cooked through, then remove chicken but leave in drippings.
- Add in garlic, onion, celery, and cook until the vegetables are tender. Whisk in the flour and cook until lightly browned, you will want to continuously whisk as not to burn.
- Gradually whisk in chicken broth, milk and thyme, salt, and pepper. Continue whisking until your sauce has thickened up, Stir in chicken and remaining vegetables.
- You may have to keep adding more stock to the pot until you come up with the right consistency.
- At this point you will want to add you premade (canned) biscuits to the oven. Follow can directions.
- Cook until pot pie mixture until all vegetables are tender.
- Remove biscuits from the oven and pull each one apart. Plate biscuits then pour a generous amount of pot pie filling over biscuits.