I want to go on record as saying I hate fresh mushrooms. I don’t mind them in a can but fresh to me are no good. I had no idea I could be converted and all it would take would be this recipe. These are the best things I have tasted in forever. They are tangy, with a slight bit of sweet, but the perfect amount of sweet, with and incredible balsamic flavor.
These went so fast in our house my head was spinning! At first I couldn’t understand why everyone was ooing and awwing until I tried them myself… OH MY GOODNESS these mushrooms are fantastic absolutely fantiastic!
I LOVE these mushrooms!
- 1 lb. white mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Clean mushrooms with a paper towel. I learned from Rachel Ray you should never wash mushrooms with water so I wouldn’t suggest that because it will make them mushy! No one wants mushy mushrooms!
- Slice your mushrooms into nice thick slices
- Preheat a heavy skillet on a medium heat then add olive oil and butter
- Once your oil and butter are well melted and combined add mushrooms and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes without touching them.
- Flip each mushroom onto its other side and cook for another 3-4 minutes
- Add remaining ingredients and gently stir until everything is well combined. You will want to continue to watch the mushrooms until they reach your desired caramelization. They will be beautiful!