I don’t know what possessed me to think I could or even should make my own French bread but I am sure happy that I gave it a shot! This turned out so good. It’s quick and easy!! And unlike so many recipes this one actually taste like French bread.
I love how easy it is. I put it in the bread machine, then roll, to the over, and bam! I have French bread! Thank you Marie for your awesome recipe! I love when people share their recipes with me. I love new things and making it homemade verses buying it in the store.
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast or 2.25 tsp
- 1-1/4 cups warm water
- Place ingredients in bread machine according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Start machine on dough setting.
- When dough cycle is complete, remove dough with floured hands and cut in half on floured surface.
- Take each half of dough and roll to make a loaf about 12 inches long in the shape of French bread.
- Place on greased baking sheet and cover with a towel.
- Let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown, turning pan around once halfway during baking.
- Remove baked loaves to wire racks to cool.
Category: Sunday Recipe Rewind