I couldn’t wait to get in the kitchen and try out these wonderful black sesame seeds! I received a bag of Jiva Organic Black Sesame Seeds few days ago and they have been sitting on the counter calling my name. I love sesame seeds, but I had never tried black sesame seeds. I was excited for this great opportunity! Not only did I get to try out something new but I got to pair it with a new recipe at the same time!! Two of my favorite loves mixed into one!
I decided to make Oven Baked Sesame Chicken and I have to say the recipe was delicious! Cooked to perfection in a wonderful sauced topped with Jiva Organic Black Sesame Seeds! This recipe is a must try, but beware you will need to double the recipe because it’s just that good and you MUST add black sesame seeds because they are amazing.
When I do my shopping I prefer to buy Organic! I think it’s a must if at all possible. I have found that there is a big difference in the flavors of Organic verses anything non-organic. Jiva Organic Black Sesame Seeds are certainly no exception. These black sesame seeds are delicious and fresh. They have a nice nutty flavor that completed my sesame chicken recipe... the icing on the cake so to speak! I highly recommend giving them a try. You won’t regret this purchase. You can buy them on Amazon.com
- 16 oz. boneless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 1 onion chopped
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 packets Stevia
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 tbsp. Jiva Organic Black Sesame Seeds
- To a large mixing bowl add all ingredients except flour, scallions, and black sesame seeds. Mix well and cover with plastic wrap refrigerate for two hours.
- After your two hour wait preheat oven to 350. Spray a 7 x 11 inch baking dish with cooking spray
- Place chicken and other ingredients in the prepared baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes after 30 minutes remove foil and back for another 10 minutes.
- Remove sauce from the baking dish and add to a small pot. Mix flour into the pot and whisk it into the sauce. Bring heat up to a boil, turn down to low and simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens a bit. Add chicken to the pot and then plate, over steamed cabbage or steamed rice.
- Top with Scallions and Jiva Organic Black Sesame Seeds.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com