This is a great recipe, its super easy and a nice way to use up left over chicken. Usually each month I will put four pounds of chicken breast in the oven and cook it up, then use it in dishes like this throughout the month. It’s simple and less expensive than buying canned chicken.
This recipe is very good for you and figure friendly. If you are on Weight Watchers Points Plus this recipe is 6 points if you can get 8 servings out of it. I think we could have gotten 12 servings for 4 points.
I think the next time I make this recipe I will make a half recipe. Honestly it just made more than we can handle but I can see eating this for lunch for the remainder of the week or even adding to freezer bread to make homemade Hot Pockets. That would be delicious too you would just need to add more cheese when you make your pockets!
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast
- 3 cups cooked rice (1 cup uncooked)
- 16 oz bag frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 (8 ounce) fat free can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) fat free can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 7 ounces cubed 2% Milk Velveeta cheese
- ½ to 1 tbsp. Tony’s Chachere (or any spicy seasoning)
- Boil broccoli till tender; drain then set aside
- Boil rice then set aside
- In large pot sauté onions, celery, carrots and garlic cook until they are tender. Add to the pot both soups and stir well. Add cheese, carrots, broccoli, spice, chicken and cheese and mix till melted. Remove from
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9 glass dish.
- Spread all ingredients evenly in the baking
- Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes.