This recipe is delicious and surprisingly easy to make. I didn’t know if I was going to have enough time to make it last night but I ended having plenty because I didn’t expect it to go so quickly. I saw a recipe online that is similar and that is what I was planning on making except the reviews were so horrible that I changed my minded and decided to take the concept of what this person was trying to accomplish and give it my own spin.
This recipe turned out marvelous and surprisingly everyone told me how much they loved the spinach in it. I think people smell canned spinach and assume that anything with cooked spinach is going to taste like canned smells. Well that couldn’t be further from the truth. I find that adding spinach to a recipe is a great way to get in extra veggies!
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves $
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 large can mushrooms -drained
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup onion sliced
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- Prepared Brown Rice
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces place chicken in a zip bag with flour and shake to coat. To a medium pot add oil and allow to heat through, then add all the chicken in and cook until the chicken is brown.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Leave any drippings in the skillet then add onion, and garlic to the skillet and cook until the onion becomes soft.
- Add chicken broth to the pot slowly and with a whisk work up any bits that may be on the bottom of the pan.
- Next add white wine and cook until the wine becomes less fragrant about 5 minutes.
- Then add remaining spices, mushrooms, and the chicken back in.
- Cook for another 5 minutes then add in the spinach. Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes for thickness of the sauce.
- Serve over pasta or brown rice or even alone! This would be amazing over mashed potatoes! Ummm wish I had thought of that earlier!
5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus