WOW two weeks in a row of Secret Recipe Club Reveal days! Why you might ask? Well, it’s because I changed from group D to group A and last week was my reveal for group D and now this week is my reveal for group A. That’s a fast turnaround! Yep, there have been a lot of secrets going on in my kitchen the last few weeks.
This month I was lucky enough to take over Anna’s Kitchen over at Chicken, Spinach and Mushroom Pasta!. While looking around Anna’s kitchen I found the perfect recipe to make as a quick and easy mid-week recipe. I chose
I knew this would be a perfect recipe for us because all of the ingredients in the recipe I have on hand at all times. My freezer is full of chicken so on Sunday I pan fried up a few chicken breast so I would be ready to make this recipe during the week. I also made the pasta ahead too and stuck it in a zip bag. I wanted a super-fast mid-week recipe, and it was!!
Dinner was ready in under 30 minutes I couldn’t believe it. I have been trying my hand at being prepared these days thanks to an extra heavy load of classes this semester that I wasn’t prepared to handle but here I am handling it! I don’t mind the load but I am sure going to miss the extra time I had.
This recipe is delicious and makes a beautiful presentation. My husband said it reminded him of something you would get at an Italian restaurant. I think that was a compliment! I love this recipe too because it’s so easy to make and comes out perfect!
I did make a few changes but nothing drastic! Because I made my pasta ahead I didn’t have any starchy water left over so I added chicken broth instead. We love spinach so I tripled the amount of spinach and I used 1 pound of chicken breast instead of what was required just to add a little more bulk to the recipe. I also added a little more parmesan cheese, but who’s going to complain about more cheese? No one in my house!!
I highly recommend this recipe. You can make something easy and delicious during the week but it looks like you slaved in the kitchen instead! Kids will love this recipe too!! You have to give it a try!
I would like to thank Anna at bcmom’s Kitchen for following Colie’s Kitchen to take over her kitchen this month!
- 8 oz linguini , prepared
- 1/3 cup chicken broth/stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, fchopped
- 3 cups loosely packed spinach
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound, cooked chicken diced
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In large dutch over, heat butter over medium heat.
- Add and Cook mushrooms, onions and spinach in butter until vegetables are softened.
- Stir in garlic and cook until it becomes fragrant.
- Add the flour and stir for 1 minute.
- Next add the cream in and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Add the chicken and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Last add cooked pasta.
- Stir to combine add additional chicken broth as needed. I found the closer I got to being done the more broth I needed to keep the sauce from being too thick. Enjoy!