This is such a great recipe! If you need a quick recipe for today and you want something easy and no bake here is a recipe for you. This is an excellent recipe that’s super-fast. I had them completely made in less than 1 hour. I threw all the ingredients except the chocolate chips and the shortening in the food process, and mixed it all up.
I shaped the eggs (no very well I might add) stuck them in the refrigerator made up my chocolate then decorated and they were ready. I left them in the refrigerator until dessert! These are great! As you can see I am not a chocolatier!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Pastel sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream butter; gradually add the confectioners’ sugar, cracker crumbs, peanut butter and vanilla.
- Shape into 16 eggs; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Dip eggs in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Decorate with sprinkles; return eggs to waxed paper.
- Chill until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Yields: 16 eggs.
Category: Recipe 1