If you like quiche and you like jalapeno poppers you will love this pie. It’s a great combination of the two. I whipped this up a few nights ago for a quick and easy dinner. In the morning I took the pie crust and the cream cheese out of the freezer and let it warm up throughout the day. I threw it all together in the mixer and it was all done in under an hour.
Quick, and easy and great for any quiche lover!! I will say it doesn’t taste as much like a jalapeno popper as I was hoping for nor was it as spicy as I was hoping for that that varies based on the jalapeno.
The next time I make this recipe I plan on adding more jalapeno and maybe some cheese the cream cheese to give it more of a popper flavor. I love ! I think you could go along more with the dip just adding eggs and get more of the popper flavor. Give it a try and tinker with the recipe yourself! I bet you can create something amazing!
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, pre-baked
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 jalapenos, diced (seed them is you prefer less heat)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Spread the cream cheese over the bottom of the pie crust and sprinkle on the diced jalapenos.
- Heat the milk and cream over medium heat until just before it boils, about 5 minutes and pour it into a large bowl.
- Pour the eggs into the heated cream while stirring constantly.
- Mix in the paprika and salt.
- Pour the mixture into the pie plate and bake in a preheated 350F oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, arrange the jalapeno slices on top, sprinkle with cheese and bake until the cheese has melted and turned golden brown, about 15 minutes.
The following two tabs change content below.
Online Editor at Colie's Kitchen
Welcome to Colie’s Kitchen. I hope you find a lot of recipes here that inspire you to hop in the kitchen and start cooking. I don't believe there are bad cooks, I believe that anyone can learn if they really want to learn. Cooking is an art and something that can be a passion. You are not born a good cook.... you evolve into a great cook. It's your kitchen... own it!