If you like quiche and you like jalapeno poppers you will love this pie. It’s a great combination of the two. I whipped this up a few nights ago for a quick and easy dinner. In the morning I took the pie crust and the cream cheese out of the freezer and let it warm up throughout the day. I threw it all together in the mixer and it was all done in under an hour.
Quick, and easy and great for any quiche lover!! I will say it doesn’t taste as much like a jalapeno popper as I was hoping for nor was it as spicy as I was hoping for that that varies based on the jalapeno.
The next time I make this recipe I plan on adding more jalapeno and maybe some cheese the cream cheese to give it more of a popper flavor. I love ! I think you could go along more with the dip just adding eggs and get more of the popper flavor. Give it a try and tinker with the recipe yourself! I bet you can create something amazing!
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, pre-baked
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 jalapenos, diced (seed them is you prefer less heat)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Spread the cream cheese over the bottom of the pie crust and sprinkle on the diced jalapenos.
- Heat the milk and cream over medium heat until just before it boils, about 5 minutes and pour it into a large bowl.
- Pour the eggs into the heated cream while stirring constantly.
- Mix in the paprika and salt.
- Pour the mixture into the pie plate and bake in a preheated 350F oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, arrange the jalapeno slices on top, sprinkle with cheese and bake until the cheese has melted and turned golden brown, about 15 minutes.