I started off making one recipe tonight, and then changed it in the middle of chopping. So this was another recipe that has been modified to something I thought might be better, and I was right it’s fantastic. This is perfect for left over Easter Ham! This is a very rich and hearty recipe. The flavors work so well together, and it’s just down right good!
Soup Base Ingredients:
- 4 cups peeled cubed potatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups of beef broth
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely diced onion
Cheese Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups diced ham
- In large dutch oven, add all of your Soup Base Ingredients
- Cook soup base until the vegetables are. Do not drain.
- While your soup base is cooking add your flour and butter to a saucepan and begin to whisk to insure you don’t get lumps
- Once your butter is melted gradually add your milk while whisking, then add your salt.
- Once your mixture is well combined add the cheese and allow it to melt. Don’t forget to keep whisking
- Fold in ham.
- Gradually add your cheese sauce mixture to your vegetable mixture, and stir well.
- Simmer until ready to serve. Make sure it’s not cooking too high or it will burn quickly.